Monday, March 12, 2012

Happy Birthday Dr. Suess

Last Friday was Read Across America aka Dr. Suess's Birthday.  Being a teacher, I make this a big deal.  The best quote I have ever heard is "A child's love for reading begins on their mother's lap." This is one thing I want Austin to love.  Children who love to read are smart.  Who doesn't want a smart child?

Austin rocked his Cat In the Hat shirt. I made cat in the hat cupcakes for his class and donated a Dr. Suess book, Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You?  Then at daycare he ate green eggs and ham for breakfast.  So stinking cute!!

For my class I made red velvet cupcakes and they decorated 'thing 1' and 'thing 2' using cotton candy.  I had an amazing grandma make green eggs too.

It was a great birthday for Dr. Suess!
                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment